My last post was about how long a garage door can last given proper maintenance. After being contacted by a customer in McKinney, I wanted to take this opportunity to delve a little deeper into what proper maintenance actually entails here.
There are a lot of little things that need to be taken care of, such as:
- Tightening all of the bolts, track bolts, and hinges (something I touched upon last time)
- Taking care of the larger components
- Making sure that the opener chain for the door is in place and functioning smoothly (it may need to be tightened if it isn’t)
- Greasing and lubricating the screw drive
- Inspecting countless other little bits and pieces.
This can be hard for anyone who isn’t trained in garage doors. Luckily, we here at Nation Overhead Door can perform a thorough 23 point inspection on your door to make sure everything’s working the way it should, greatly increasing the life of your door.